You’ve probably heard all about CBD, but have you heard of CBN and CBG? These cannabinoids are often referred to as the “day” and “night” cannabinoids because of their unique uplifting and relaxing properties. One of these compounds is perfect for helping you start your day with more focus and energy. The other is ideal for helping you drift off to sleep at night.
Now, which one’s which? Which products are best? And what does science say about these potential day and night benefits? We’ll dive into that information and more. Keep reading to learn all about CBN and CBG!
What is CBN?
CBN (short for cannabinol) is one of the more than 100 different cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are naturally-occurring chemical components found in cannabis plants.
Other examples of cannabinoids include CBD and THC. CBD has potential holistic benefits. These include relieving stress, reducing inflammation, and promoting better sleep. THC may have potential pain relieving benefits along with its psychoactive high.
CBN is like both of those cannabinoids. Just like CBD, CBN does not cause you to experience a high. Standard doses of CBN won’t alter your mind. Instead, it’s known for its potential medical benefits.
Although CBN and CBD are similar and interact with the same receptors in the body, they produce different effects. We’ll dive into all of the potential benefits of CBN shortly. But first, let’s chat about where CBN comes from.
CBN is usually considered the weaker version of THC. This is because it’s produced from oxidized THC (THC that has aged and broken down). Although it comes from THC, it won’t cause a head high. You would have to take a very high dose of CBN to experience even the mildest psychoactive effects. You can rest assured that standard CBN products will not cause any mind-altering effects.
We don’t have a lot of research on CBN at this point. We need lots more research before we know more about its benefits.
What makes CBN the “night” cannabinoid?
One of CBN’s most popular potential benefits is as a sleep aid. Although we need more research before we learn more, CBN has shown potential sedative properties. This could mean that CBN is a good option for managing insomnia. Or, even if you don’t experience insomnia but simply need some help drifting off to sleep occasionally, CBN may help.
The relaxing effects of CBN make this cannabinoid perfect for taking before bed. Many people report that they’re able to drift off to sleep much faster after using CBN Crystals or other CBN products.
Potential Benefits of CBN
In addition to promoting better sleep, CBN has other potential effects as well. As we mentioned, we don’t have a lot of research about CBN. However, the studies we do have show promising information. Here are a few of the potential uses and benefits of CBN:
- Pain relief – In this study on rats, CBN showed significant pain relief in conditions like fibromyalgia. The study did note that pain relief was best when both CBN and CBD were used together.
- Appetite stimulation – CBN has shown promise in helping to stimulate your appetite.
- Improved sleep – As we mentioned, CBN is most famous for its sedative effects. Many people find that they can fall asleep faster and get better quality rest with regular CBN use. CBN may be a good option for treating insomnia. However, this information is anecdotal, so we need more studies.
- Brain health – This 2005 study showed that CBN can delay the onset of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). ALS is a disease that affects the spinal cord and brain. CBN was given for 12 weeks, and it showed significant neuroprotective properties.
Although these studies all show promising results, more research is still needed. We’re optimistic that more research will soon be done on CBN’s benefits.
Many find that CBN pairs well with other cannabinoids like HHC. For example, an HHC/CBN vape is a great option to use throughout the day.
What is CBG?
Now let’s dive into our other popular cannabinoid – CBG!
CBG (short for cannabigerol) is another of the dozens of cannabinoids in cannabis plants. It’s a minor cannabinoid because it’s only found in trace amounts in most cannabis strains. Although it’s not as famous as its cousins CBD and THC, it does have many similarities.
CBG is the “mother of all cannabinoids” because it’s the precursor to CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids. Let’s briefly chat about the science behind this.
CBG-A (the acidic form of CBG) is the chemical precursor of THCA, CBDA, and CBCA. It’s where all cannabinoids start. Enzymes in cannabis plants turn the CBGA into THCA or CBDA. Then, thanks to light or heat energy, they activate into THC or CBD. As the plant grows and absorbs more UV light, CBGA breaks down to convert into THC and CBD. Small amounts will also become CBG.
Most cannabis plants only produce a tiny amount of CBG. However, some plants are bred to produce higher quantities.
CBG is non-intoxicating and will not cause a high. Although we need more research, studies have shown that CBG has many potential health benefits.
What makes CBG the “day” cannabinoid?
While CBN is known as the “night” cannabinoid, CBG is known as the “day” cannabinoid. This is because it doesn’t have the same strong sedative effects. Although it can still help promote better sleep and reduce anxiety, it tends to be a more energizing cannabinoid.
You may find that taking CBG products like this CBG Oil in the morning or afternoon is best. Then, take CBN in the evening to help you sleep.
Potential Benefits of CBG
There are many potential benefits of taking CBG regularly. A few of the most common include:
- Pain relief – This 2021 study shows very exciting results. It demonstrates that CBG has anti-inflammatory effects that can significantly reduce pain.
- Anxiety relief – This patient survey showed that most participants found significant anxiety relief when taking CBG-predominant cannabis. Taking CBG products regularly may help reduce stress and relieve anxiety.
- Relief from eye issues and glaucoma – Cannabinoids have long been studied for their potential to help relieve eye problems like glaucoma. Although more research is needed, CBG may benefit eye health.
Again, we need more research before we better understand the benefits of CBG. But the information we have shows that this cannabinoid has a lot of significant effects.
Our Favorite CBN and CBG Products
- CBN Oil – One of our top recommendations for a CBN product is this 15% Full Spectrum CBD CBN Oil. It is all-natural and contains a potent dose of both CBN and CBD. You can choose from two different sizes – 10 ml or 30 ml.
- CBN Gummies – These strawberry CBN gummies are not only effective, they’re delicious as well. With 20 mg of CBN and 5 mg of CBD per gummy, you can expect relaxation in every bite. Gummies are one the most flavorful and convenient ways to take CBN.
- CBN Hash – Whether you smoke it or vaporize it, this CBN Hash has all the unique calming benefits of CBN you expect. It’s THC-free, and contains both CBN and HHC.
- CBG Oil – This 15% Full Spectrum CBD CBG Oil is our top choice. It is potent and effective, and very easy to use. CBG is paired with CBD for the ultimate restorative and uplifting experience.
- CBG Massage Oil – Paired with argan oil, camphor, and mint, this CBD CBG Massage Oil is the perfect blend of relaxation. It works to soothe muscle stiffness and joint pain.
- CBG Crystals – These CBG Crystals are a unique and enjoyable way to reap the benefits of this cannabinoid. With 99.9% pure CBG, you get quality and potency. Dissolve the crystals into butter for baking, or create your own vape oil.
Our CBN and CBG -combined with HHC vape cartridges
- Mango: HHC 80% – CBG 20% | 1 ml
- Green Apple: HHC 80% – CBG 20% | 1 ml
- Gelato: HHC 70% – CBN 30% | 0,5 ml
- OG Kush: HHC 70% – CBN 30% | 0,5 ml
Regardless of the products you use, you’re sure to enjoy the benefits of both CBN and CBG. Most people find that taking both cannabinoids regularly has benefits. It helps improve their quality of sleep and decreases stress throughout the day. Try them out yourself to see what benefits you experience.